Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

J-160 fuel filler caps

Discussions on everything airframes.
  • Advertisement

J-160 fuel filler caps

Postby Hurricane » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:37 am

Hi

I fuelled up my J-160 for the first time yesterday. It has the wing tanks (the same as a J-400 I believe), and the fuel caps have a large tank vent protuding from them. I couldn't believe how tricky, and time consuming they are to remove and replace. They have to be slackened off with an allen key before they can be removed, and then tightened with the allen key after fueling. Does anyone know if there are any alternative filler caps suitable for these tanks?
Hurricane

Aircraft: Jabiru J-160

Re: J-160 fuel filler caps

Postby diablo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:48 pm

hello

can you post an image? I am sure one of the many "brains" on the forum can be of assistance ...

d
Sent from my "Electronic Numerical Integrator And Calculator" E-N-I-A-C
diablo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aircraft: Jabiru SK 2200A 1157

Re: J-160 fuel filler caps

Postby Hurricane » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Diablo

Thanks for responding to my post. I don't have a photograph, I'm afraid. There is a exploded view of the filler cap in the workshop manual that came with my aircraft. I am reliably informed that the same filler caps are fitted to the J-400. My airfield has a self-service avgas fuel pump, and the time consuming process of refitting, and securing a filler cap usually means that the pump 'times out' before you can move on to the second tank.
Hurricane

Aircraft: Jabiru J-160

Return to Airframe