Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

Where has the time / hours gone?

Post your general chit chat here. This is the only forum where POLLS are permitted.
  • Advertisement

Where has the time / hours gone?

Postby Adam_M » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:56 am

Hi, firstly a big thank you to the help & support I received when on the hunt for a Jab a few months ago.

We (a group of 5) found and subsequently fell in love with G-ROYC and after a month of flying we have already racked up 20 hours. So it seems soon it'll be time for her 25-hour check, however I'm at a loss (and receiving different opinions) as to what we should do during this check?

So any input, advice & help would be appreciated.

Cheers again,
Adam
Adam_M
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Where has the time / hours gone?

Postby Muzzlehatch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Adam,

You might find this useful (although totally unofficial)

Engine Service.JPG
Engine Service.JPG (166.88 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
Muzzlehatch

Aircraft: 450 UL

Postby Muzzlehatch » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Just noticed that the torque quoted in the table is for a GT prop NOT a standard Jan prop.
Muzzlehatch

Postby Adam_M » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:00 pm

Cheers Muzzlehatch,

Has this xl sheet been a work in progress & created over time & experience?

Thanks,
Adam
Adam_M
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Muzzlehatch » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Adam,

It's just the work laid out in the Jabiru Engine maintenance manual laid out in a more concise form. The Refs on the left are to the ref numbers in the manual.
I found the manual jumped around a bit so just collected the things into a more readable order. Our plane has a GT prop hence the torque given. It's been updated to the 1st Oct 15 update of the manual. There has been a new update 26th May 16, but I don't know if that changes anything as we have not needed to do anything on our aircraft since then.

Hope this clarifies things.

Jim
Muzzlehatch

Postby Adam_M » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Jim thanks very much for clarifying.

I'm one of five owners of G-ROYC, our previous aircraft had a Rotax 582 so the Jab engine is a little different to what were used to.

Whilst were all comfortable at basic DIY mechanics were a bit uncomfortable working on her for the first time without any prior experience of the Jab.

We've tried getting in contact with SkyCraft (several times) for the one day introductory course they run for basic maintenance but have heard nothing back which is a shame as were based at Old Warden and so not far from Fenland.

Can anyone suggest any other courses that are run?

Alternatively is anyone planning on carrying out the 25/50hr service at some point soon and wouldn't mind talking me through it as you went along? I can make a pretty good cup of tea :)

I appreciate any help or advice in advance.

Cheers,
Adam
Adam_M
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Steevo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Skycraft are notorious for that. I struggle to see when they do actually run courses. Has anyone ever been on one at Skycraft?

They offer 3 courses that vary in complexity and in the past I have enquired about all of them. They always said they would get back to me but 4 years later and I have never heard from them again. I even offered them a group of people that would fill a whole course and even then they did not seem interested. Not even sure why they bother advertising them.
Jabiru J160 & Jabiru SPL-450
PS Engineering PM3000 Intercom
Funke THT800H OLED/Trig TT22
Funke ATR833 OLED/Dittel KRT2
Flight DataSystems GD-40 CO Monitoring
PoweFlarm Core
PilotAware
Garmin 496 GPS and SkyDemon
MGL Xtreme EMS
TruTrak Autopilot
Steevo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aircraft: Jabiru UL-450

Postby Matt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Hi Adam,
If you need someone to help you out with the service I don't live to far away. Am a LAA/BMAA inspector. Drop me a PM if you are interested. The Jab is not rocket science.
Matt
Beginner
Beginner

Aircraft: G-BZWK

Return to General board