Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

Grand Rapids EFIS

This is a read only forum and contains all the archived posts from jabiruowner.co.uk.
  • Advertisement

Grand Rapids EFIS

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:09 pm

Posted by: Keith Betteeley on 19:11:40 09/23/14 Tue

I have just had the 1000hour TBO completed on my J400 and when collecting the aircraft I found that there were no instrument readouts on either screen. However on the primary screen all the engine data etc was present except for the secondary screen where the CHT AND EGT data was absent???. Apart from removing the engine and reinstalling it I am informed that nothing was touched, so am at a loss as to why this has occurred. Is there anyone with technical knowledge of Glass Cockpits who could kindly offer any advice as to how I might sort this issue out.
Anonymous

Re: Grand Rapids EFIS

Posted by: Paul Sistern on 16:17:48 09/22/14 Mon

Hi Keith

Well if this were one of our MGL Avionics systems, the first thing I would advise a customer to check would be the ground connection between the instrument and the engine. With MGL Avionics, all engine sensors are fed into a separate box that communicates with the display. For this to work, there must be a good ground connection to the engine block. If Grand Rapids works in the same way, and your engine has been removed, the ground connection may have been dislodged.

Cheers
Paul
Parts For Aircraft Ltd - MGL dealer for the UK.
Anonymous

Re: Grand Rapids EFIS

Posted by: Keith Beteley on 19:11:40 09/23/14 Tue

Thanks for that Paul, I will check it out.
Anonymous

Return to Archive