Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

Throttle assembly

This is a read only forum and contains all the archived posts from jabiruowner.co.uk.
  • Advertisement

Throttle assembly

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Posted by: Northumbrian on 20:39:56 11/10/14 Mon

Hello everyone.
Does anyone have the original seat mounted throttle assembly and cable to fit a J400? I have instrument panel mounted throttles and would like to convert back. I will pay or swap for my bits.
Brian.
Anonymous

Re: Throttle assembly

Posted by: Peter Knight on 08:52:20 10/20/14 Mon

I have a bag of bits enigmatically labelled "Throttle parts". This certainly includes the handles and attachments for the floor mounted throttle for the J400 series. I did not immediately see the steel bar that connects the P1 and P2 throttles together but that may be around somewhere. I think the cable is shortened and used for the panel mounted throttle arrangement so you may have to get a replacement for that component.
You can have these bits if it helps your project. Email me at
PetercknightATbtinternet.com
Peter
Anonymous

Posted by: DL on 09:29:02 10/20/14 Mon

i have the bar and various other bits including cable, all in excellent order. pm me for further info.

ps: why would you want to go back to a between the legs solution?
Anonymous

Posted by: Northumbrian on 20:56:07 10/22/14 Wed

Hello Peter and DL.
Thank you for your replies.
I would be very grateful for any bits to make up the original throttle assembly. I have recently changed from an SPL to the J400 and quite honestly prefered the seat mounted arrangement. It was easier to use in turbulence and did not get in the way when climbing in and of the aircraft. My hand keeps looking for the lever in front of the seat.
I will e mail you both to find out how i can get the bits.
Brian
G-CCID
Anonymous

Posted by: Steve on 09:24:18 10/23/14 Thu

Just a bit of advice. Before you start make sure you get the modification pre-approved by the LAA. I am just converting the other way and going from the between the leg throttle to panel throttles and it took the best part of 9 weeks to get the mod through the LAA. Mine is an SPL-450. After the mod is done, the LAA will want a month of testing once you have your permit to test.
Anonymous

Posted by: Peter Knight on 16:49:10 10/23/14 Thu

I am not sure that this is technically a 'Mod'. The approved design for the aircraft was with the seat mounted throttles; an approved mod was the move to panel mounted. Your Inspector (or a quick call to LAA Engineering) will advise but I think it should straight forward. Perhaps there are different ways in which the panel mounted throttles are fitted?
Peter
Anonymous

Posted by: Steve on 21:36:53 10/23/14 Thu

There are numerous different designs for the panel mounted controls. But speaking to the LAA, they told me that any change to flight controls or structure that was not fitted as part of the original build is not a standard mod and requires approval. This would also be the case if I had fitted the original Jabiru panel throttle design as it was not standard when my aircraft was built.

I don't know the J400 but all the ones I have seen were fitted with panel throttles as standard so a floor mounted throttle was not part of the original build.

I wouldn't claim I know this as fact but the info I was given was that due to it being a flight control change I had to fill in a mod application. then I had to wait nearly 9 weeks for the application to be approved. My approval came through a few days ago but I submitted it in August.

I am just suggesting that it would be wise to check this with the LAA before the conversion is started so as to not risk grounding the aircraft for an extended amount of time.
Anonymous

Posted by: Northumbrian on 20:39:56 11/10/14 Mon

Hello Peter Knight.
I have tried e mailing you on your contacts address but it bounced back.
Can you e mail me at brianrobe@btinternet.com I am still after the throttle assembly. DL gave his to somebody else.
Regards
Brian.
Anonymous

Return to Archive