Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

Latest Jabiru Newsletter

This is a read only forum and contains all the archived posts from jabiruowner.co.uk.
  • Advertisement

Latest Jabiru Newsletter

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Posted by: DL on 19:18:43 12/12/14 Fri

I have uploaded the latest Jabiru newsletter date 11-Dec-14 to the Jabiru engines yahoo forum.

Log on to Yahoo Groups and follow link to find file :

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/jab ... les/Jabiru Newsletters/

Makes an interesting point on exhaust pipes being loose due to hex screws coming undone and causing excessive heat and carbon build up which could lead to an engine failure. I have certainly noticed this on a fellow flyers engine so it is something to regularly check where a large proportion were loose (not too long after a major service).

Loctite 620 is pretty useless here and a good set of locking washers would be my choice!

On the same note, it may be worth running a survey to see how many of us find one or more loose exhaust screw on our checks and report back to forum or forward data for inclusion into a spreadsheet and statistical analysis.
Anonymous

Re: Latest Jabiru Newsletter

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Posted by: Gary on 19:18:43 12/12/14 Fri

The guy who owned that engine needs beating with a birch for allowing this to happen or he is deaf as a post not to hear it. No wonder Rod bleates on about owner maintenance when he gets engines in to service what look like that
Anonymous

Return to Archive