Jabiru Owners Group

Welcome to the world of Jabiru

Wanted

This is a read only forum and contains all the archived posts from jabiruowner.co.uk.
  • Advertisement

Wanted

Postby Anonymous » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Posted by: Peter on 11:47:36 01/01/15 Thu

http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adv ... 084&imid=0

Are the differences between the 430 and 450 worth worrying about?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Pete
Anonymous

Re: Wanted

Posted by: DL on 08:13:23 12/31/14 Wed

Weight is the biggest. Overpriced ? Considering a flying tent is around 15k and the extra's on this one, I think is May actually be a bit of a bargain.
Anonymous

Re: Wanted

Posted by: Steve on 16:18:51 12/31/14 Wed

I own a 450 and I was always lead to believe that the only real differences were that the 450 had some strength added to the airframe to justify the extra 20kg weight upgrade. But the added strength actually added nearly 20kg to the empty weight so not really any advantage of the 450 over the 430. I also believe there were some changes made on the elevators and rudder for the 450.

I think that's a fair price as it does have the larger cylinder heads which is not a cheap upgrade and the older cylinder heads were rubbish. I had to change all of mine at a significant cost. A good set of outdoor covers would set you back in excess of GBP2000. He is also giving a Mode S transponder with it which again are not the cheapest of bits.
Anonymous

Weight differences

Posted by: Clive on 11:47:36 01/01/15 Thu

I don't think the weight difference is great, if any. The mod was to the carry through on the spar. I have the figures for a 430 SK (short wings) and a 450 UL (long wings) the empty weight of the UL is 3 kgs more than the SK which isn't bad if you consider the wings are a metre longer.
So, for me the problem with the SK and the UL 430 is the lack of payload if you want to stay legal. They fly fine heavy, in fact they fly better as they sit in the air nicer.

Good points about the work that has been done, as I mentioned on the Yahoo Jab.

Regards, Clive
Anonymous

Return to Archive