Page 1 of 1

Rocker Lubrication Feed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 pm
by mikew
Hi, I have a slight problem, during a recent inspection it was found that the small rubber hoses that feed the 2 top parts of the "T" for the rocker lubrication feed are needing replacement.

I have found in the 2200A manual that it needs 454206N Hose sleeves but unfortunately I haven't been able to identify what that is.

On newer models the T is rubber which Skycraft have in stock but my inspector wants me to replace like for like as there doesn't appear to be any mod to change it.

Does anyone have any idea what the spec of the hose is or where it could be sourced?


Re: Rocker Lubrication Feed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:16 pm
by diablo

LIke for like is not necessarily the best thing to do. Manufacturers offer revise and improve parts or provide replacements which would be tested and approved.

If there is a replacement part that is provided by the authorised jabiru agent you should be using it as it is probably a better part than the original. It would be a change that does not require any approval as it is a part that is issued by the manufacturer!

My advice to you is to find yourself a new inspectors the old one seems to be out of touch.

Re: Rocker Lubrication Feed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:37 pm
by mikew
Thanks for the advice, Skycraft came back to me and said that they have identified the hose and will be adding it to their next order with Australia.

I think if they had come back with nothing then I would have gone for the rubber T as the hose definitely needs replacing.